Saturday, May 10, 2008

Crashing Sucks

Hey everyone. So we all know that sometimes you crash, and I found my self in the ICU down here in South Carolina on Wednesday night. I seems that I found the skinny end of the handlebars on my mountain bike with my stomach and ended up losing a sizable amount of blood into my abdominal cavity. I guess it goes to show that it's the little things that get you.

Things stabilized quickly and I'm recovering fine with no surgery. Here's a picture of me in the ICU,

Good spirits, laughing that I ended up this way. You will have to pardon the photo quality. It was taken with an iPhone. I didn't think it very smart to bring my camera along.

So it seems that I'm out for a month. But, hopefully I can hike into some runs and put up some more good pictures. But, we'll just have to see. Clearly we never know what is next. So, I hope all of you out there are doing well, and hopefully I'll see you out there soon.

At home and doing much better,
Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob,

Glad to read that you're doing better. Hopefully the rest of your summer will involve less hospitalization. I'm sure I'll see you around Leconte in a month or so.

Take it easy,
Brett